The Henry Ford is a nonprofit organization, an internationally recognized cultural destination, and a one-of-a-kind workplace. Our team is inspired daily by one another as well as the authentic stories of innovation that we share across our four venues. We want you to be part of this legacy and take it forward.
Our Greenfield Village Program Supervisor is a year-round part-time opportunity. This position assists the Program Manager in managing programs and staff throughout the historic districts in the village. This includes must-see artifacts and buildings such as Firestone Farm, Thomas Edison’s Menlo Park Complex and Daggett Farm. If you are passionate about history and enjoy sharing your knowledge to educate and develop others, you might be a perfect fit!
- Assists Program Manager(s) with daily supervisory responsibilities, provides daily operating instructions for presenters, observes and coach presenter staff, track attendance, ensure presenters observe dress codes for worksites, helps troubleshoot operational problems as they arise.
- Masters historic content associated assigned work team(s) and serves as historic presenter when needed.
- Assists Program Manager with the protection of artifacts, historic structures and landscapes.
- Contributes to administrative functions including budgeting, project management, monitoring inventory, and procurement of materials
- Assists Greenfield Village management with special events and programs.
- Acts as a team player and provides expertise within the team and with other teams as appropriate
- May assist with the development of creative work which includes, but is not limited to, publications in any medium, product and program development and design, and all related collateral materials.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Completed coursework towards a 4-year degree in American History, Public History, Education, American Studies or similar field, preferred
- At least one year of management or supervisory experience, preferred
- At least one year of public speaking or presentation skills, preferred
- Experience with cooking, gardening and textiles, preferred
Additional Skills & Information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Frequent walking and standing; occasional lifting, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Must have evening, weekend, and holiday availability
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork skills are essential. Must be outgoing, friendly, and have a positive attitude.
- Problem solving skills required; need to be able to think quickly on his or her feet.
This position requires working outdoors in all weather and in non-air-conditioned buildings.
It is the policy of The Henry Ford to prohibit discrimination in any employment, donor or volunteering opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, hire, employment, program participation, promotion, salary, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment or service as a volunteer) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability. Marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This Policy applies to all of our employees, donors and volunteers to ensure that they are treated without discrimination.