Are you looking for a fun and challenging summer job where you can develop your skills, work in a team, and meet people from all over Canada and the world?
Alberta’s Provincial Historic Sites are seeking dynamic individuals for summer positions as Historical Interpreters.
- As a Historical Interpreter you will provide front line visitor services, as well as educational and public interpretative programming for visitors from all age groups, with an emphasis on children’s programming.
- Other related duties may include, but are not limited to, promotions and marketing of programs; collection and administration of fees and statistics; and daily program clean up.
- Working in a small team environment, you will have an opportunity to learn about and share with our visitors a fascinating part of our province’s history.
- This job will allow you to develop a wide variety of skills including leadership, public speaking, customer service, marketing, event development and implementation, teaching techniques, and historical crafts and skills.
- You must be a team player and have an interest in historical interpretation.
- You must be creative, flexible, a quick learner, self-motivated, and have the ability to undertake physical activities.
- You will need to hold a valid driver’s license, a standard first aid certificate, and undergo a criminal records check.
Applications can be made by contacting each site directly. For contact information, and more specific information on each job opportunity, please go to the individual Historic Site’s web address.
Father Lacombe Chapel: www.fatherlacombechapel.ca
Fort George and Buckingham House: www.fortgeorgebuckinghamhouse.ca
Historic Dunvegan: www.historicdunvegan.ca
Rutherford House: www.rutherfordhouse.ca
Stephansson House: www.stephanssonhouse.ca
Turner Valley Gas Plant: www.turnervalleygasplant.ca
Victoria Settlement: www.victoriasettlement.ca
Duration: May 3 to September 8, 2023
Wage: $19.41/hr - $23.56/hr
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023
Apply at https://jobpostings.alberta.ca/job-invite/39078/