King County, Washington State
Position opens: January 1st, 2023
Camlann Medieval Village is seeking a career minded, outgoing, motivated staff person to work with our Executive Director in preparation for a future Directorship.
Compensation: $50,400 per yr ($2,400/mo. salary, plus a 1 bed apartment and utilities valued at $1,800/mo.).
This position will require 40-50 hrs per week (Wednesday through Sunday) including some weekend evenings.
Camlann village is an independent living history museum, founded in1984, dedicated to the portrayal of daily life, old world crafts, and visual/performing arts in rural 14th century England, reflecting their significance in today’s post industrial, high-tech society.
Position Requirements: Our ideal candidate has:
• Two or more years of work experience or equivalent in historical interpretation and management
• Business management experience (budgets, payroll, publicity, fundraising, etc.)
• A strong interest in medieval culture based upon formal or informal education
• First person interpretive skills that could support portrayal of a 14th century person’s life experiences
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate collaborative research, creative debate, and interaction with staff, volunteers, and visitors
• An appetite for learning new skills, and the ability to undertake physical as well as creative jobs
Administrative (depending on experience) duties will include some combination of the following:
• Office management, computer skills, program planning, publicity
• Payroll, budget development, fundraising, grant writing
• Research, writing, seminar and workshop presentations
• Collections acquisition, inventory, and preservation
• Interpreter participation, training, coordination and support
• Animal care and feeding (we have two sheep).
Bors Hede (restaurant) duties will include occasional feast serving, food prep, cooking, and cleanup.
Villager Activities that you may help coordinate:
• Textiles: shearing, spinning, weaving, clothing construction and maintenance
• Hand crafts: pottery, baskets, woodworking, calligraphy and art, candle making
• Light site maintenance: historical gardens, leaf raking, wattle fencing
• Construction: timber-frame buildings, wattle and daub construction and repairs
• Performances: early music, dancing, poetry, storytelling, drama
Call Roger Shell, Executive Director: (425) 788-1945
Send an introductory letter and résumé to: email@example.com
or mail to: Camlann Medieval Association
10320 Kelly Road NE Carnation, WA 98014
Home News Blog Donate Contact Us
Sitemap | Terms