Home News Contact Us
To Apply for Position Please Visit:
Primary Duties: Primary duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide visitors with living history interpretation at assigned locations within the GMA in period- and site-appropriate costume. Interpretation focuses on the culture, lifeways, and importance of community as relevant to the time period and environment of the assigned work site.
* Conduct workshops and other educational programing for students of all ages (including adults).
* Perform skill demonstrations associated with the historical site to which assigned, such as mule plowing, sheep shearing, and garden harvesting.
* Daily care, feeding, and training of GMA livestock and farm animals (mules, cows, sheep, turkey, chickens).
* Assist in planting, cultivating, and harvesting small fields/gardens.
* Maintain cleanliness and preservation of the assigned historic location.
* Assist in maintaining a safe environment for all guests and co-workers.
* Assist in demonstrating and providing programming during special events.
* Assist in the training of new interpreters and GMA volunteers.
The Historic Agricultural Interpreter (Gibbs Farm) at the Georgia Museum of Agriculture (GMA) is an active, outdoor position responsible for portraying and interpreting the daily lifeways of South Georgia’s Wiregrass agricultural community. The Historic Agricultural Interpreter interprets the GMA’s farm and gardens, with emphasis on the Gibbs Farm location demonstrating historic practices/techniques and providing hands-on activities for visiting school groups and the general public.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those required for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate objects or items;
* Walk, stand, climb, balance, lift, bend over, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and participate in strenuous physical activities;
* Carry and lift at least 50 lbs.
* See in varying light conditions, and use color vision and depth perception;
* Read and assimilate information, and write to communicate information clearly;
* Ability to work in outdoor conditions throughout the year.
Sitemap | Terms