Home News Contact Us
Sainte-Marie among the Hurons & Discovery Harbour
Organization: Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Division: Tourism Planning & Operations / Huronia Historical Parks
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 18608 - Manual Worker
Salary: $39,616.81 - $42,770.61 Per Year*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 91105
Consider this unique opportunity with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport where you will provide assistance to the maintenance staff in general maintenance services of the modern and historic buildings and grounds at the Sainte Marie among the Hurons and Discovery Harbour tourist attractions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Assist the maintenance team with the general maintenance and/or repair of the buildings, grounds and equipment, including grounds keeping, snow removal, event set up, cleaning, etc.
• Assist in agricultural work by providing animal care for historic site livestock by handling feeding of the animals, maintaining and cleaning of all animal areas
• Assist in providing historic and modern gardens services such as; planting/transplanting, watering, cultivating, fertilizing, pruning, weeding,
pest control (insect and animal)
• Operate vehicles and equipment
How do I qualify?
• You must possess a valid class 'G' driver's licence
• You are able to work occasional weekend or evening work for special events
General Skills and Knowledge:
• You possess knowledge of the operating standards of general maintenance to provide assistance with snow removal, waste removal, grounds keeping, event set-up, animal care and general maintenance of building, grounds and equipment repair
• You have knowledge of and the ability to apply and interpret policies, procedures and regulations such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• You are knowledgeable of operating standards of the maintenance and sanitation of building facilities and utility maintenance
• You have the ability to operate vehicles and equipment including but not limited to: tractors, trucks, utility vehicles, loaders, leaf blowers, line
Customer Service and Communication Skills:
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• You have effective organizational skills to plan work to ensure deadlines are met
• You are able to work in a team environment
• You are proficient with computers and have basic computer and Microsoft Office and Internet skills
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Maintenance and Trades
Posted on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016
How to apply:
1. You must apply online.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Sitemap | Terms