Home News Contact Us
Sainte-Marie among the Hurons & Discovery Harbour
Organization: Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Division: Huronia Historical Parks, Tourism Agencies & Attractions
Job Term: 1 Temporary - Seasonal, duration up to 10 months
Job Code: 19124 - Agricultural Worker 3
Salary: $21.06 - $23.25 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport - Huronia Historical Parks seeks an experienced and motivated individual to provide agricultural/horticultural and maintenance services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Under the direction of the Manager, Maintenance Services you will:
• Provide animal care for historic site livestock
• Provide modern and historic garden services;
• Assist the maintenance team with the maintenance and/or repair of the buildings, grounds and equipment of Huronia Historical Parks at the Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons and Discovery Harbour Heritage tourist attractions.
How do I qualify?
• You are able to work occasional weekend or evening work for special events
• You must possess a valid Class 'G' Driver's License
Knowledge and Experience:
• You have demonstrated experience in agriculture/horticulture including preparation of garden plans, planting, harvesting, composting, fertilizing, weeding, watering and pest control in order to maintain modern and historic gardens
• You have experience in general maintenance and construction to assist the maintenance team with the upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment at two sites
• You have demonstrated experience in general animal husbandry (care) including feeding, grooming and health maintenance for site animals (e.g. cattle, pigs, chickens)
• You have experience in the operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment such as trucks, tractors, ATVs, lawn & garden equipment, snow blowers and chain saws
• You are able to interpret and apply relevant sections of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• You have effective organizational skills in order to plan work to ensure deadlines are met
• You are able to work in a team environment
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Maintenance and Trades
Posted on: Thursday, April 7, 2016
How to apply:
•1. You must apply online.
•2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
•3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
•4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
•5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
•6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Sitemap | Terms