Home News Contact Us
The Pennsbury Society seeks a self-motivated and organized team player with horticulture skills and a passion for educating the public.
This position is responsible for the daily maintaining of the historic garden areas; interpretation of the historic garden areas and grounds to visitors; conduct research for interpretation and programs; create, plan, and implement horticultural programs; work with educational staff to research, implement, and lead educational programs for students of all grade levels; and continue to develop onsite nature tail project and orchard project.
Other responsibilities include train and manage garden volunteers, seasonal garden staff, and garden interns; work with staff for outdoor program and site rental needs; develop partnerships with regional horticultural organizations; answer horticulture inquiries from the public; represent Pennsbury Manor at varied offsite functions; work with scout groups for onsite community service and Eagle Scout projects; regular inventorying and supply ordering; grounds cleanup; tool preservation and care; and varied other non-horticulture responsibilities as needed. Communicating and working with staff across the organization a must. Some work on weekends, holidays and evenings is required.
· A minimum of two years of horticulture experience for a small to mid-size museum or attraction; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· A minimum of two years of management or supervisor experience.
· Team driven and fostering a collaborative working environment.
· Passion for providing an exceptional visitor experience.
· Astute research skills
· Skilled in problem-solving, multitasking and time management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
· Master's Degree preferred.
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Salary and benefits: Competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Sarah Gallagher DiSantis, Managing Director, at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is August 4, 2017. No phone calls, please.
Sitemap | Terms