Home News Contact Us
The Education/ Interpretation/ Outreach (EIO) Manager/ Assistant Director position at the Georgia Museum of Agriculture (GMA) is responsible for establishing a clear vision, direction and GMA Mission based course of action for the Georgia Museum of Agriculture’s educational, interpretation and outreach programs; emphasis on programming geared for a multi-generation audience, specific user groups, and interpretation. The primary purpose of GMA’s educational programs is to cultivate a sense of connection to history, agriculture, and natural resources through experiential learning opportunities for all students and visitors. Assists the Director in the management of the Museum. The EIO Manager/ Assistant Director will report to the Director.
* Bachelors’ degree
* Experience in education, public relations and/or current trends in education;
* Experience in museum or cultural attraction programming is highly preferred
* Minimum of two years’ experience in a management and supervisory position
* Experience with public relations, marketing and public speaking is preferred
* Assists Director in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs.
* Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of the Education, Interpretation and Outreach area
* Participates in the strategic planning for EIO and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan, as related to Education and Outreach programs and initiatives
* Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned areas of responsibility
* Reaches out into the community to draw in participants from across the diverse community, ranging in age from pre-k to college age students, as well as adult learners in order to drive year round attendance and engage the community in the Museum’s educational mission of agricultural history
* Establishes and directs education and outreach programs to meet Georgia Core and National History Standards
* Develops and monitors the education and outreach departmental structure in order to accomplish annual goals, along with managing short-and long-range planning for this department
* Responsible for the direct supervision of Ag and NR Supervisor, Historic Area Supervisor, and co-supervises EIO Operations Coordinator with the Director
* Evaluates and strengthens the Museum’s existing programs to achieve program participation and revenue goals, including the establishment of integrated evaluations to allow for ongoing review of all educational programs
* Works closely with ABAC Faculty and Staff to identify ways to broaden the Museum’s scope as a living laboratory for ABAC students
* Oversee production of all didactic material produced by the Museum to ensure compatibility with educational mission of organization
* Serves as part of a cross-departmental team that creates and executes mission driven events and exhibits
* Work closely with the Curator, Volunteer Coordinator and Facilities Rental Coordinator to identify opportunities for programming and interpretation for the Museum and Historic Village
* Serves as part of a cross-departmental team that identifies, solicits and cultivates funding sources for the Museum and Historic Village, including grants, individual and corporate donors
* Collaborates with the Director to coordinate PR and marketing for the Museum’s educational programs and outreach
* Responsible for maintaining EIO web and social media presence
* Develops, maintains and promotes positive and professional relationships with internal staff, volunteers, members, vendors, contractors, media and the general public
· Directly supervises Ag and Natural Resources Supervisor, Historic Area Supervisor, and co-supervises EIO Operations Coordinator with the Director
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Mission driven programming
* Course of action
GMA EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH 2010714
For questions please contact:
Georgia Museum of Agriculture & Historic Village
Sitemap | Terms