Home News Contact Us
Volunteer Programs Manager
Mission San Luis National Historic Landmark Site & Museum
Anticipated Salary: $15.00/ hour
This is work enlisting, providing, arranging, and coordinating the volunteer services of individuals, groups, and/or organizations used to assist with activities in an institution or specialized program area.
Core tasks include:
The volunteer coordinator works closely with the Museum Programs Supervisor and Lead Interpreter, in the development of character biographies and staff and volunteer training, including the history and archaeology of the site, skill building presentation, first person interpretation techniques, etc. The volunteer manager works together with other Mission San Luis partners, including public relations and development colleagues on outreach and fundraising activities and goals.
Key Interpersonal Skills Required
Additional skills that are highly valued include:
To Apply, please send a Cover Letter, Resume, and answers to the qualifying questions below to Caitlyn.Shanley@dos.myflorida.com
This position is classified OPS (Other Personnel Services). Full-time OPS personnel are eligible for enrollment in the State of Florida employee insurance program, and participate in a Social Security alternative plan.
Please answer the following Qualifying Questions
1. Do you meet the minimum requirements as listed in the job posting?
Yes: ☐ No: ☐
2. Are you willing and able to work on weekends and holidays, and/or return to work on short notice if necessary?
3. Are you willing and able to perform work that requires considerable initiative and independent judgment?
4. Do you possess a driver’s license?
5. How do your education and work experience qualify you for this position? (Answer Briefly)
6. Explain your experience creating volunteer position descriptions? How do you go about this and what topics and areas should be covered within the description? (Answer Briefly)
7. List three or four things you would do to promote volunteer opportunities within the community? (Answer Briefly)
8. Also, is it appropriate to take on every volunteer who applies? When might you decide not to accept someone as a volunteer? (Answer Briefly)
Sitemap | Terms